Thursday 30 August 2012

Collage - an introduction to my practice.


Florence Bates - My Dads' Mum (2009) H F M Jones
My interest in collage really kicked off during my Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (2009-10). Throughout my time at secondary school, I had rigidly stuck with the formula drawing + painting = Fine ArtThe new environment definitely helped me realise that was not the only way to think! The first of my collages were odd drawings and dripped-paint paper I'd cut circular sections from and rotated - I was exploring the deconstruction and reconstruction of TIME cut + rotate became the new formula for a while. A whole series of images I used were from my family collection spanning the twentieth century; I layered, swapped sections and created my own visual path through time.



No comments: