Thursday 20 December 2012

When I buy a magazine, it always ends up something like this.

H F M Jones (2012)
 
I've recently been 'collecting' silhouettes from magazines to use as templates ^^ I'm currently developing a way to portray 'the double'.

 
Found baking paper extremely handy to copy outlines from the magazines; I couldn't resist pinning the long roll of paper across my studio space - looked really interesting overlapping images etc. little happenings like this tend to inform further projects...



H F M Jones 2012
H F M Jones 2012

A few of the 'outlines' finished! Still a lot to consider and develop etc. Overall, generally pleased with the outcome so far.

 
figures and background play - H F M Jones (2012)

 
Tony Photoshoot - workshops of 3D and 2D photography of our work... I was more intrigued by the shadows I was able to create and capture!

 
I'm incredibly conscious of the fact that I have let my drawing skills slide over the past couple of years - I've been drawing Tony  on fabriano paper. Interesting outcomes, more work to do.


H F M Jones (2012)

 
H F M Jones (2012)

H F M Jones (2012)

H F M Jones (2012)

 
Solvent transfer - really like the quality of the transfer made, will continue with this too hopefully...

No comments: