Wednesday 6 March 2013

Photographs

For a while I had considered recreating/ styling my own photographs of fashion and glamour magazines to work from - I wondered whether my work was authentically my own due to the source of the material etc. As a collaboration with my uni friend CC, we finally achieved this mini project. Here are a few examples of the photographs;

L - H F M Jones 2013

 
E - H F M Jones 2013

H - H F M Jones 2013
The aim is to, naturally, collage the photos - separately and perhaps with magazine images too. I doubt knowing the people I have photographed will affect the process of my work - brings about more questions really - is the source of the photos original because we took them? Are they original at all if we consider outside influences e.g. poses, clothes, styles of different origins? etc.

No comments: