Saturday 11 May 2013

Large collage prints - (March - April 2013)

 (Back image of collage) - A0 B/W Print - March, 2013. H F M Jones
As a suggestion to simply scale up with the collages, I had cheap black and white prints made; I was surprisingly pleased with the outcomes. I accidently left the dpi quite low when I scanned the images in for printing, with the result of grainy/dotty images.  The image above is particularly interesting as it makes the viewer work harder to decipher the sentences swirled around.
 
These prints, of course, remove the glossy appeal of the original images. This process of removing the image further away from the source is really interesting to me -
 
  • Model beautified and photo shoot set up
  • Photographs taken
  • Photoshop editing of image
  • Printed image in magazine
  • Image selected by myself from magazine and manipulated
  • Manipulated image scanned
  • Scanned (usually colour) image digitally enlarged and printed as B/W image
  • Large B/W image taped to the wall
  • Image on the wall photographed and posted onto blog

Gold and Purse Print - A1 B/W, 2013.  H F M Jones



(Back of) Gold and Purse Print - A1 B/W, 2013. H F M Jones


'Beauty' Print - A1 B/W, 2013. H F M Jones
I'm extremely keen for these prints to feature within my degree show somehow - considering frames, tacked to the wall, montage pieces e.g. billboard style etc. The different options create a different context for the images.

No comments: