Thursday 8 November 2012

'Collaged Figures' work January 2012...

So from Christmas time 2011, I jumped back into collage projects - I like to work with materials I collate over time such as glossy fashion magazines, newspapers (the Metro is pretty good),card, paper, envelopes, photographs personal and impersonal, leaflets, tags and labels, tickets, whatever is interesting.


'Agitated Burst' Mixed Media, 2012 H F M Jones 
 
 
It was good to make this piece. It's very personal to me, things were dealt with here.
 
I surrounded my studio space with objects I collect and hoard which led to constructing a recognisable structure of a figure. I treated this as a 3D collage, began to paint it. It was a starting point at least. It was then suggested I make my own figures, not construct from my objects.
 
'Mimi' Oil on Mixed Media, 2012 H F M Jones


 
 
Literally going along with the theme of 'Frankenstein' (Mary Shelley 1818), I made 'Collaged Figures' for the rest of term. I am pleased with the work I produced, the detail of what and how to use things like paper became intriguing etc.
 

 
'Larry' 2012 H F M Jones


'Olive' 2012 H F M Jones

'Mama June' 2012 H F M Jones


'Teddy' 2012 H F M Jones
 
'Annie' 2012 H F M Jones

'Victoria' 2012 H F M Jones

'Greg' 2012 H F M Jones
 
'Benjamin' 2012 H F M Jones

'Stella' 2012 H F M Jones

'Phillip' 2012 H F M Jones

'Lisa' 2012 H F M Jones

'Claire' 2012 H F M Jones
 
'Tony' 2012 H F M Jones



No comments: